Toyota has announced that the company will be fielding six teams of drivers at this year’s Rebelle Rally. The rally, a navigation challenge through Nevada and California deserts, will include teams driving Toyota 4Runner, Sequoia, Tundra, and Tacoma vehicles.
This doubles the number of participants that Toyota sponsored last year and will put 12 Toyota employees to the test. The teams are comprised of:
- Samantha Barber and Becky Brophy from Toyota production engineering in a 4Runner.
- Sandra Li and Myra Padda, also of production engineering, in a Sequoia.
- Kara Yde and Susann Kazunas from Toyota research and development and manufacturing in a Tundra.
- Heather Eich and Alison McGowan from research and development in a Sequoia.
- Sive’a Peralta and Rie Lida of research and development in a Tundra.
- Ai Keshkeny and Karli Raimondo of CALTY Design in a Tacoma.
“As a trailblazer, Toyota understands the values of collaboration, perseverance, and the unwavering pursuit of excellence,” said Kristen Tabar, group vice president, Advanced Mobility Research and Development at Toyota Motor North America. “The Rebelle Rally provides the perfect platform for Toyota team members to demonstrate their passion for learning and problem solving, develop their driving skills, navigate treacherous terrains, and work together as a cohesive unit. This remarkable journey highlights important principles to Toyota’s culture: teamwork and the challenging spirit that drives the brand forward.”